- This event has passed.
SAVE THE DATE: Advanced Course on Strangulation Prevention
October 27, 2020 - October 30, 2020&650
– – – SAVE THE DATE – – –
October Advanced Course on Strangulation Prevention!
- The most current research on domestic violence and sexual assault strangulation crimes
- Medical signs and symptoms of strangulation assaults
- Long term consequences, delayed death, and fatal strangulation
- Investigative strategies, report writing, and interviewing witnesses
- Clinical documentation of strangulation signs and symptoms
- Strategies for advocacy and working with traumatized victims
- Development of local experts
- Use of experts in court, including tips for testifying
- View a crime scene and work in a multi-disciplinary team to investigate a strangulation case and prepare evidence for a mock trial
- Apply trauma-informed investigation and advocacy techniques
- Practice testifying as an expert witness and practice cross-examining an expert witness
- Bring strangulation cases from their community for review by faculty members
- Develop strategies for implementing best practices in their community
- Practice giving a 5-minute presentation on strangulation
- Increase the identification of the subtle signs and symptoms of strangulation
- Improve the documentation and collection of evidence
- Improve the assessment of internal injuries
- Improve report writing and follow-up investigations
- Increase the use of specialized reporting forms
- Increase the prosecution of cases as misdemeanors and felonies
- Develop local experts
- Prepare experts to testify on non-fatal strangulation
- Improve advocacy for victims
- Share smart and promising practices, including strangulation response teams
- Share resources and new tools from the Training Institute on Strangulation Prevention
Do you have an event you'd like listed?
Click below to submit the details of your event.