Did you miss one of our live events?
Carrying Our Medicine Virtual 5K, 10K & Half Marathon (Virtual)
November 15 - November 30
CELEBRATING NATIONAL INDIGENOUS WOMEN’S RESOURCE CENTER’S 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
In celebration of the National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center’s 10 year anniversary and in the lead-up to Giving Tuesday (November 30), we invite you to join our Carrying our Medicine Virtual Run/Walk: Celebrating NIWRC’s Decade of Lifting the Movement of Safety for Native Women. Help support the next 10 years of our work to strengthen tribal responses to safety for Native women and their children.
To join in this virtual event, we ask that you:
- Register below and consider making a donation in support of NIWRC.
- Wear your traditional moccasins, or red, teal or purple in support of Domestic Violence (purple), Sexual Violence (teal), or Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (red) awareness.
- Run or walk for whatever distance you choose following CDC guidelines (listed below) between 11/15-11/30
- Share a Facebook/Instagram story or photo of yourself on social media after completing your run/walk using the hashtags #NIWRC10Years and #CarryingOurMedicine.
Participants will have two weeks (11/15-11/30) to complete a distance of their choice in the lead-up to Giving Tuesday. In an effort to safeguard the health of our relatives throughout Indian Country, this walk/run event will be virtual, allowing our relatives to safely social distance. Our primary concern remains the health and wellbeing of our community members and those we serve, particularly our elders and those with underlying health conditions.
Participants are strongly encouraged to follow these recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Stay home if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (symptoms of COVID-19), if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19)
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet or more from people who don’t live in your household. Be particularly mindful in areas where it may be harder to keep this distance (ex. parks, walking/running tracks, parking lots)
- Wear masks when less than 6 feet apart from people or indoors.
JOIN THE VICTIMSVOICE TEAM!
When you sign up, become a part of “Team VictimsVoice” – find it just below the “PARTICIPANT INFO” section as shown below:
HOSTED BY AND BENEFITING:
National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center – NIWRC is a Native-led nonprofit organization dedicated to ending violence against Native women and children. The NIWRC provides national leadership in ending gender-based violence in tribal communities by lifting up the collective voices of grassroots advocates and offering culturally grounded resources, technical assistance and training, and policy development to strengthen tribal sovereignty.
Do you have an event you’d like listed?
Click below to submit the details of your event.