- COMING SOON
CONFERENCE: Lean In NJ (10/1/2020)
The Lean In NJ Conference goes beyond the media sound bites and statistics and lean into vital information for victims to better understand the legal process when they reach out for help, for organizations to make informed decisions when recommending technology solutions, for parents to know what casual conversations may be warning signs, for employers to know legal and safety concerns when employees are victims, what laws are working their way through the legislative process, and help attendees understand how they can get involved.
For the on-demand videos and resources, visit https://victimsvoice.app/lean-in-nj-conference-2020/lean-in-resources/
WORKSHOP: “Just Record It!” The Rights and Wrongs of Stalking and Domestic Violence Documentation (3/11/2021)
Victims’ pleas for help from domestic violence and stalking too often go unheard or are met with disbelief and blame. They frantically save everything they can to prove what’s happening, only to find out that most of it is not admissible in court. BUT WHY? Because not all information is created equal and the way you collect and store it matters.
Sheri Kurdakul, CEO of VictimsVoice and survivor of child abuse, sexual assault, and domestic violence will give you the questions to ask and the why behind those questions so you can make sure you are properly and thoroughly vetting your options and can make informed decisions on the technology you recommend for the safety of those most in need of your advice and direction, and provide answers that satisfy the needs of your organization and the legal process. You’ll learn about the VictimsVoice tool and why it stands up to the scrutiny of prosecutors, judicial legal standards, federally regulated privacy rules, and survivors themselves.
For the on-demand videos and resources, visit https://www.domesticshelters.org/videos/just-record-it-the-rights-and-wrongs-of-stalking-and-domestic-violence-documentation
LUNCH-N-LEARN SERIES: The Threat Is Inside The House Season 1, Episode 5 (5/11/2021)
Stalking, monitoring, and tracking are too often the norm for victims of domestic violence. This session will cover:
- What types of devices and habits leave you vulnerable to being tracked and monitored
- How to detect whether you’re being tracked and monitored
- How to begin to identify ways to protect yourself from leaving a data trail
For on-demand viewing and related resources, visit https://victimsvoice.app/stalking-impacts-on-dv-part-1/
LUNCH-N-LEARN SERIES: Financial Literacy Season 1, Episode 4 (4/20/2021)
In light of Financial Literacy Month this April, this session will cover:
- Identification: The red flags of financial abuse
- Safety Planning: Financial “must-haves” as part of every exit strategy
- Independent Living: The money milestones empowering the journey from survivor to thriver
For on-demand viewing and related resources, visit https://victimsvoice.app/financial-literacy-empowerment/
LUNCH-N-LEARN SERIES: The Employed Domestic Violence Victim Season 1, Episode 3 (3/9/2021)
Learn the rights, risks, and remedies for domestic violence victims and their employers in the workplace. This 50-minute workshop covered the following:
- Sabotage and “spillover” tactics of abusers
- Provisions that protect a victim’s job and confidentiality
- Safety strategies that can save the lives of abused employees and their co-workers
- Agencies and resources in your community that can support the victim and the employer
For on-demand viewing and related resources, visit https://victimsvoice.app/workplace-workshop3-on-demand/
LUNCH-N-LEARN SERIES: The Empathetic Workplace Season 1, Episode 2 (2/9/2021)
Learn 5 steps that will help you gain the expertise to respond with calm and confidence to traumas at work, whenever and wherever they arise. This 50-minute workshop covered the following:
- How should you react when an employee or co-worker shares their trauma experience with you?
- What are the steps to take that will best support them?
- What should you NOT say?
- How can you set your company up for success to handle these situations?
For on-demand viewing and related resources, visit https://victimsvoice.app/workplace-workshop2-on-demand/
LUNCH-N-LEARN SERIES: When Domestic Violence Impacts the Workplace Season 1, Episode 1 (1/12/2021)
Domestic violence clearly impacts the motivation, productivity, and morale of employees, and as business owners and leaders, there are things you can, should, and must do to support your team. This 50-minute workshop covered the following:
- What should employers think about how domestic violence (DV) affects their workplace?
- What laws are implicated in DV scenarios?
- How does HIPAA confidentiality factor in?
- How do you address remote working employees in areas of threats and vulnerabilities?
- How do you keep your workplace safe?
For on-demand viewing and related resources, visit https://victimsvoice.app/workplace-workshop1-on-demand/