Below is the state map presented by counties. Click on a county to find information about your District Attorney’s Office.
*Counties with a VictimsVoice Partner are denoted in blue.
To find additional resources, please visit our Find A Resource page.
The VictimsVoice Partners below will provide a 1-year license for the VictimsVoice tool at no cost. Click their links for information on their area of specialty, location, and how to best reach out to them.
STATE LAWS & POLICIES
Below are policies and laws that directly affect those suffering from abuse, harassment, and domestic violence. Click below to view the details of each category.
What are “Rules of Evidence” and why does it matter?
State Rules of Evidence are the rules that tell the state courts what evidence may be considered admissible and what may not. Generally speaking, it is the state legislature that creates these rules.
What is the “Victims’ Bill Of Rights” and why does it matter?
A crime victim has the following rights under 42 U.S.C. § 10606(b):
- The right to be treated with fairness and with respect for the victim’s dignity and privacy. The right to be reasonably protected from the accused offender.
- The right to be notified of court proceedings.
- The right to be present at all public court proceedings related to the offense, unless the court determines that testimony by the victim would be materially affected if the victim heard other testimony at trial.
- The right to confer with [an] attorney for the Government in the case.
- The right to restitution.
- The right to information about the conviction, sentencing, imprisonment, and release of the offender.
Below are laws and policies that directly affect those suffering from abuse, harassment, and domestic violence. Click below to view the details of each category.
Animals in Domestic Violence Restraining Orders: OR
Video And Audio Surveillance Laws: OR
Address Confidentiality Laws: OR
*Information in the "Policy" section does not constitute as legal advice. Please consult an attorney for any and all legal advice.