Walk into any NYC Family Justice Center (FJC) to get free and confidential assistance if you are experiencing domestic or gender-based violence, which can include intimate partner and family violence, elder abuse, sexual violence, stalking, and human trafficking. Key City agencies, community, social and civil legal service providers, and District Attorney’s Offices are located on-site at FJCs, to make it easier for survivors to get help.
You will receive services regardless of your age, income, sexual orientation, gender identity, language spoken, or immigration status. Find the FJC most convenient for you. Every location is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No appointment is needed.
NYC Family Justice Centers can help you with:
- Planning for your safety
- Applying for public benefits, shelter, housing, and other support services and programs
- Mental health and counseling services for you and your children to support emotional well-being
- Referrals to job training and education programs, including educational workshops to help with budgeting, credit repair, resume writing, and interviewing skills
- Legal help for orders of protection, custody, visitation, child support, divorce, housing, and immigration
- Connecting to trained law enforcement, such as the NYPD, the NYC Sheriff’s Office, and the District Attorney’s Office
- Childcare for children age 3+ while you get services at the FJC